TERMS & CONDITIONS
CLASSES & WORKSHOPS
We want you to be completely happy with our service and really enjoy your time with us. Please take a moment to read through the below terms and conditions which explains the service we provide.
By making a booking, you have agreed to abide by these terms.
If you have any questions, please contact us and we will more than happy to help.
Thank you for choosing Cake No Mistake.
1. Any emails sign ups related to classes which we suspect many contain false, misleading, suspicious or duplicate information will be disregarded.
2. All designs and teaching materials remain the intellectual property of Cake No Mistake.
We are of course happy for you to reproduce designs you have learnt for practice and home baking but it is not permissible under any circumstances to reproduce or substantially reproduce any designs to sell or to distribute to the public. This includes characters, topper & cake designs, recipes, printed instructions, methods and techniques.
3. Any person who fails to comply with the reasonable guidelines applicable to attendance at our classes or workshops, will be prevented from booking any further classes. This could include (but is not limited to):
Non-compliance with basic health & safety procedures.
Non-compliance with requested arrival and departure times.
Misuse of equipment and materials provided by Cake No Mistake
Using language or discussing issues that make others feel uncomfortable.
Aggressive or bullying behaviour.
4. We reserve the right to change the content of what is being taught at any time.
5. You agree that you will not teach / use class materials to teach our classes (either in full or in part) to others. This includes classes for individuals, groups or online tutorials and videos or by any other means.
6. If at any stage, we suspect that you intend to copy or reproduce our classes or sell the designs taught for you own financial gain, we will cancel your booking or ask you to leave the class. In this event no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
7. Classes are attended at your own risk. The classes themselves are held on public premises. We are not liable for any accident or injuries that occur during your class. In addition, use of the parking at the venue is also entirely at your own risk.
8. Our classes are for adults only.
Due to health & safety / insurance purposes, we are unable to admit anyone under the age of 18 to the class, so please do not make a booking for anyone under this age, as we cannot refund once a booking is made.
Please be aware you may be asked to produce photo ID before being admitted, if we need to verify your age on the day. This is for the safety and comfort of everyone attending and we thank you for your understanding on this matter.
9. Any person or persons who are disruptive, aggressive or abusive to the tutor or other students will be asked to leave the class immediately. No refunds will be issued in this event and you will be prevented from attending any further classes.
10. REFUNDS, CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES TO YOUR BOOKING
10.1 Once a booking has been made, no refunds will be issued for any reason (exception is outlined in 10.1 b below and applies to online classes only.) So please check dates and times carefully when making your class booking.
a) Group (face to face) class: In the event that you decide to leave a face to face group class for any reason (including illness or childcare issues), no refunds - full or partial will be issued.
b) Online classes: We accept no responsibility for the quality of your own internet connection / device. Therefore, if you are unable to follow the class due to technical issue with your own equipment, you will need to inform us within the first 10 minutes of the class starting. You will then be removed from the class and the class cost minus the £10 booking fee will refunded to you.
c) If you decide to leave an online class due to technical issues after the first 10 minutes; or you complain about this when the class has concluded - unfortunately we will not be able to issue a refund of any kind.
We feel this is a fair and reasonable approach and gives you plenty of time to test your connection / device.
d) If you leave an online class at any point for any other personal reason - no refunds, full or partial will be given.
e) For online classes, we are unable to offer refunds or date changes if any equipment / materials you have ordered for the class do not arrive in time. So please check carefully before making your booking.
10.2 Rescheduling a date after you have made your booking will not be possible under any circumstances.
10.3 In the event that the class has to be cancelled due to insufficient bookings or for any other reason, a full refund will be issued. We will always endeavour to give as much notice as possible if a class has to be cancelled.
Refunds given under these circumstances will be 100% of the amount paid for the class only. It will not cover any other expenses incurred such as travel or accommodation or any other expenses or payments. We advise taking out appropriate insurance if you will be spending money on travel or accommodation.
Class bookings can only be made through our online system and payments can be made through this via credit or debit card or via Paypal. If you are unable to access our online booking system for personal reasons, please contact us and we will do our best to help. Cheques & cash are not accepted.
We take your privacy extremely seriously.
Any information we collect about you, will only be used to administer your booking. Your information will not be used for any other purpose.
Photographs will be taken during the course of your class or workshop, These may be used online or offline for marketing and promotional purposes. Please ensure that you let us know in advance if you wish to be excluded from these photographs. Full names will never be used.
13. ADVERSE WEATHER POLICY
In the event of adverse weather conditions. the following terms apply:
- Bad weather in our area: If we consider the local main roads in the vicinity the class venue, are unsafe for travel, we will cancel the class.
In this event, you will be offered a full refund or a transfer to an alternative class if spaces are available.
In some cases we will be able to offer an alternative date for the cancelled class, of which you will be given first refusal, but this will depend on venue availability.
Bad weather in your area: We cannot offer refunds, transfers or alternative dates if our class locations are not being affected by adverse weather - but bad weather in your local area is preventing you from travelling to the class.
Please be reminded that travel / accommodation expenses will not be compensated for, so please ensure you have taken out appropriate insurance before booking the class.
Bad weather during a class.
If we decide that we need to stop a class as our local weather conditions are becoming hazardous or unsafe, partial refunds (minus a non-returnable booking & administration fee of £25) will be given at the discretion of Cake No Mistake and will be primarily based on how much of the course content has been covered. No 100% refunds will be given.
In the event that you decide to leave a class if you are worried about adverse weather conditions, no refund - full or partial will be issued.
14. COVID 19:
At the present time we have taken the decision to cancel all group classes.